Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Carpe Diem


I am so excited to share with you today a card that features a new die by Frantic Stamper that I had so much fun with!  I made several cards using this die set and will share the others at a later time.  The genius thing about this die is that you can create a car that faces the front OR a car that faces the rear! 

So...let's get on to the card! 

Jen Carter Big Car Front Sunshine 1

I obviously went with a front facing car.  And I used a lot of color in it!  This is my favorite card from this latest release, although my rear facing card that I'll share at a later date comes in at a close second.  I die cut all of the pieces in the various cardstock colors using the Big Car die and pieced them all together.

Tip:  You can use the tires of the car as seats too!

Jen Carter Big Car Front Sunshine Closeup

I love racing stripes on cars and so I wanted to incorporate them into the design as well.  I cut strips of white cardstock, placed them where I wanted them on the die and then die cut.  Then, I pieced them onto the car.  I realize my one strip is slightly off, but it's close! :)

Jen Carter Big Car Front Sunshine 2

I used several other dies to finish this card.  The outside pink frame was die cut with the Elementals #1 die set and is the negative piece left over after die cutting the largest frame.  I made sure to center the die in the middle of my card front when I die cut so that the frame would be even.  I used the Village Roadway die for the road.  The sun is from the Sunburst Card Panel which I tend to use a lot.  I cut the frame off and just used the sun portion for my card.  The "carpe diem" sign that is flying out of the car is from a new clear stamp set called You Did it!
My inspiration for this card was this cute little number!



You Did it! Stamp Set

Thank you for driving by today! :)  Have a great one!

1 comment:

Missy Pink said...

What a fun design!! Really hip and trendy too, I simply love those such duper colours. Reminds me of sweet summer days! Great card my friend. Hugs x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...